« Home | Tower Grove Heights » | Shaw » | Shaw » | Shaw » | Shaw » | Tower Grove East » | Shaw » | Shaw » | Tower Grove East » 

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 

Shaw

Tell us the story of how you chose your house. What makes your house your "home"?
I spent 2 years looking for a house in Shaw...I loved the neighborhood, but needed the right house. The one I found has tons of original woodwork, stained glass, mantels to die for, etc. I knew I had to have it while still standing in the foyer. And don't think it was done...I bought it and redid the kitchen and all bathrooms, etc...but it was and still is definitely mine.

What does your neighborhood mean to you? Why do you stay?
I love the location. I stay for that, the house and my favorite neighbors.

How do you describe the neighborhood to your family? your friends? Are the two descriptions different?
I describe it to everyone, lovingly as the "upscale ghetto". The neighborhood has come a long way in the 3 years I've been here. I also refer to it as home.

Tell us about your ideal snapshot of the neighborhood in 5 years. In 10 years.
More retail and business shops in the neighborhood. Cleaner.